A Love I Never Thought I'd Get To Get To

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving

For the past couple years, Thanksgiving and Christmas have been difficult for me. I got engaged the day before Thanksgiving 2007 and then un-engaged 2 weeks later. You could say that experience left a bad taste in my mouth for the holidays. This year, however, made up for the unhappy memories.

Michael and I had Thanksgiving lunch with my family then went to see Tangled, as is tradition. (My family always eats early then sees the newest release) After the movie, Michael and I booked it across town for Thanksgiving dinner with his family.

This year, Lauren hosted Thanksgiving dinner at her home. She did a wonderful job making an amazing meal. The food was fabulous and we all had a great time laughing, eating, and plotting our war path for the next morning. (Black Friday shopping!!)

My cousin Sara posted the instructions for these adorable turkeys on her cooking blog (OurBestBites.blogspot.com) and I thought my younger sisters and Michael's nephews and nieces would enjoy them.
Sydney loved helping me and Michael put the turkeys together!

Mia loved her first Thanksgiving! I love her so much! :D

Thanksgiving dinner is always very traditional with my family. We always have mashed potatoes, yams, my sister's amazing green bean casserole, my dad's famous stuffing, and my dad always carves the turkey. :)

No comments: